William L. Miltner
Mr. Miltner successfully co-founded and co-managed the law firm of Perkins & Miltner, LLP, a respected San Diego litigation firm for 13 years. In 2006, when co-founder David Perkins left the practice of law, Miltner Law Group, APC, was born. Mr. Miltner has represented many publicly traded and private companies including residential developers, construction contractors, title insurance companies and banking and lending institutions.
Mr. Miltner’s substantial experience includes representing and defending clients in complex real property, general business, construction, title insurance and lender litigation and transactional matters. Mr. Miltner’s exceptional expertise has proven especially valuable to his clients both during times of booming and declining real estate markets. He has experience with issues of real property lien priority and creditors' rights as addressed in Bankruptcy Court and in the California State Courts. He has litigated cases in state and federal courts and in the Bankruptcy Courts, involving bona fide purchaser issues, mechanic’s lien and stop notice claims, easements, fraudulent conveyances, forged signatures in leases and assignments, appointment of receivers, as well as complex employment law disputes and multi-million dollar construction contract disputes such as design defects and delay and acceleration claims.
In the area of intellectual property, Mr. Miltner has enjoyed tremendous success litigating and settling high-profile copyright infringement cases on behalf of local digital graphics design artists. His experience and knowledge has been an extraordinary asset in assisting clients relative to copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other aspects of intellectual property law.
Mr. Miltner’s results-oriented philosophy has led to the successful negotiation of multi-million dollar settlements in favor of his clients. Mr. Miltner also has a well-earned reputation for obtaining positive results with his vigorous representation and defense of his clients when litigation becomes unavoidable. Mr. Miltner’s goal for his clients is to achieve optimum results cost effectively.
- Construction Litigation
- General Business Litigation
- Title Insurance and Lender Defense Litigation
- Intellectual Property Civil Litigation
- American and San Diego County Bar Associations
- American Business Trial Lawyers Association
- Associated General Contractors of America, San Diego
- Building Industry Association of San Diego County
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
- B.A., Political Science, Bowling Green State University after only three years of study.
- Played wide-receiver on the school’s varsity football team.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, graduated in the top tier of his class.
- Selected from over 300 of his graduating law school classmates to receive the honor of “Alumni of Distinction” from the University of San Diego School of Law, Class of 1988.